Although Atlantic City for the most part wants no part of this MTV show, which recently kicked off its third season after the first season cast became superstars over the past year or so with all types of Joisey slang introduced or re-introduced to a national audience (how?).
But, for those who like the show, below are some juicy bits regarding the third season, courtesy of thestir.com. The third and latest season of the popular MTV show, kicked off Jan. 6. But first, thestir.com offers the following list of things to look out for this season:
• The whole gang — save Angelina — is back in Jersey. Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino, Jenni “JWoww” Farley, Paul “Pauly D” Delvecchio, Sammi “Sweetheart” Giancola, Ronnie Ortiz-Magro, and Vinny Guadagnino have all come back to the beach.
• There’s a new smurf in town. Snooki has brought along a pal: Deena Nicole Cortese, a 23-year-old former waitress from New Egypt, New Jersey. So what’s the new girl like? Sammi sums up Deena this way: “She’s four feet tall, a short little meatball … exactly like Snooki.”
Snooki gets drunk. A lot. In the trailer she’s shown falling off a bike, stumbling in the sand, hiding in a plant, and getting arrested. Oh — and she searches vainly for the beach. While standing on the boardwalk. Right next to that big pile of sand next to the water.
• New housemate Deena takes it all off in the first 24 hours. In her words: “It took a day for somebody to see my goods.”
• The word “bitch” is tossed around. A lot. The most creative usage of the “B” word? Snooki labels one of the girls as an “f**ing slutty-assed bitch.”
• Get ready for some tension. As Vinny puts it: “The dynamic has definitely changed. It’s not one big happy family anymore.”
OK, now here are some juicy bits to look forward to this season, from thestir following this week’s first episode:
• “The Situation may start his down slide. When you make a career out of being a cheesy sleazebag that people secretly mock and you suddenly actually become famous and rich (don’t even get me started) based on that shtick, it might go to your head. And it seems it has. Watch for a major downplay of who he used to be and an aloof ‘I’m too cool for this’ attitude to emerge.”
• “JWoww gets dumped, it seems. And so does Ron. This season looks like it will have less laughs and more tears. I really hope it doesn’t turn into the Jersey Shore meets The Notebook, though because honestly, I’m not sure I can take seeing JWoww too distraught. I much prefer my Jersey Shore with pasties, public lewdness, and laughter.”
• Sam goes home.