Tuesday morning (April 9) at the Atlantic City Sheraton, the Atlantic City Alliance (ACA) announced its new $20 million ad campaign, as well as upcoming events for the spring/summer.
Representatives from the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (CRDA) and the Atlantic City Convention & Visitors Authority (ACCVA) announced new programs and initiatives to the local business community and provided an update on “industry-wide progress in the tourism district.”
Among the presentations Tuesday morning, Atlantic City officials:
• Debuted Atlantic City’s $20 million 2013 advertising campaign focused on the close-by drive markets including New York, Philadelphia and Baltimore DMAs
• Announced new series of spring/summer/fall events to drive tourism
• Announced the Do Anything. Do AC Road Show
• Announced new artists for the ARTLANTIC public art project and a new 3D sound and light show on Boardwalk Hall.
• Highlighted convention and tourism results from 2012 with a look ahead to strategies and initiatives for 2013.
• Gave an update on emerging projects and a countdown to Miss America returning to Atlantic City in September.
Among the officials in attendance were Sam Young, the Greater Atlantic City Chamber chair; Liza Cartmell, the Atlantic City Alliance president; Larry Sieg, the Atlantic City Convention & Visitors Authority V.P. of Marketing; and John Palmieri, Casino Reinvestment Development Authority executive director