BRIGANTINE, N.J. — The recently announced 2014 Brigantine Concert Series, which gets into full swing during the summer with three live-music events in each of July and August, kicks things off Thursday, April 10, with area favorites Jim “The Singing Lifeguard” Craine and his Atlantic City All Stars, who this year are embarking on their “40th Anniversary Overnight Success Tour.”
Jim Craine and the Atlantic City All Stars
“It’s an honor to be kicking off Brigantine’s annual concert series,” says Craine, whose All Star Band will be performing the songs of legends like Frank Sinatra, Bobby Darin, Al Jolson, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Neil Diamond and many others.
All Brigantine Concert Series shows are free and start 7pm at the Brigantine North School Auditorium, with the exception of Family Fun Day during Fourth of July Weekend when the Original Hobo Band of Pitman, N.J. (established 1946) performs at the 15th Street Recreational Complex (6pm Saturday, July 5), and the Jack Melton Band performs at the Brigantine Beach Community Center at 7pm on July 24.
After the A.C. All Stars, the series continues with a Memorial Day Weekend concert Saturday, May 24, at the North School Auditorium with the Atlantic Brass Band — an award-winning brass ensemble now in its 26th year, and widely considered to be one of the finest brass bands in the nation. The following day, Sunday, May 25, the Atlantic Brass Band will be the opening act in the 25th annual Cape May Music Festival starting 8pm. Presented by the Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts & Humanities, the festival runs from May 25-June 14 (click here for info on last year’s event).
The full Brigantine Concert Series schedule is below. All shows are free and all ages are welcome. For more info call (609) 264-7350.
• April 10: Jim Craine and the All Stars, North School Auditorium
• May 24: Atlantic Brass Band, North School Auditorium
• June 19: Bob Ferris Big Band, North School Auditorium
• July 5: Family Fun Day, Original Hobo Band, 15th Street
• July 17: Bubba Mac Blues Band, North School Auditorium
• July 24: Jack Melton Band, Brigantine Beach Community Center
• Aug. 11: South Jersey Wind Ensemble, North School Auditorium
• Aug. 24: Tri-County Symphonic Band, North School Auditorium
• Aug. 31: Bob Ferris Big Band, North School Auditorium
• Oct. 9: Original Hobo Band, North School Auditorium