Atlantic City Boardwalk Rodeo Returns in October
Atlantic City officials announced on Monday, May 20, that the 3rd annual Atlantic City Boardwalk Rodeo would be returning to Boardwalk Hall October 5 (7:30pm) & 6 (1pm), 2013.
Pre-sale tickets are available from May 20 to May 23 at 10pm (EST). By using the code RODEO here, you can save $5 off any ticket for either show.
Tickets go on sale Friday, May 24, at noon (EST) and fans who get their tix between May 24 and May 31 will receive a free cowboy hat with each ticket bought. Family four-pack packages are also available through October 4.
Tickets are $20, $30, $50 and $80.
“We are very excited to be bringing the Atlantic City Boardwalk Rodeo back in 2013,” said Janet Markowitz, the rodeo’s event chair. “The event was a huge success the past two years and I believe that the spectator turnout for this year will be even greater since we have moved the show dates to October. Our hope is that the event will become more visible to both locals and visitors over the summer months and that it will entice them to return to Atlantic City in October for a fun family event.”
The rodeo will include cowboys and cowgirls performing the following:
• Bareback Riding- Cowboys must ride a bucking horse for eight seconds, holding onto nothing but a single handhold rigging cinch
• Tie-Down Roping- A timed race which calls for a mounted cowboy to chase a calf down the arena and rope and tie the calf
• Saddle Bronc Riding- A test to see if a cowboy can stay in the saddle of a wild, unbroken horse for eight seconds
• Team Roping- Two riders must ride out and rope a steer in the fastest time.
• Barrel Racing- A cowgirl and her horse must complete a cloverleaf pattern around three barrels within the quickest timeframe.
• Steer Wrestling- After dropping from their horse, the rider must wrestle a steer to the ground by the horns in an effort to stop the clock.
• Bull Riding- A cowboy must ride a bull for eight seconds while holding onto only a rope which is connected to the bull
The 2013 Atlantic City Boardwalk Rodeo will be presented by the Atlantic City Alliance. Atlantic City’s casinos including the Atlantic Club Casino Hotel, Bally’s Atlantic City, Borgata Casino Hotel & Spa, Caesars Atlantic City, Golden Nugget, Harrah’s Resort, Resorts Casino Hotel, Revel Entertainment, Showboat Atlantic City, Tropicana Casino & Resort, Trump Plaza and Trump Taj Mahal are partners in promoting the event.
For more information about the Atlantic City Boardwalk Rodeo, visit acboardwalkrodeo.com.