Student Survey Supports Stockton

logo-circleResults from student surveys help place Richard Stockton College among the top 25 percent of the nation’s four-year colleges in the Northeast by the Princeton Review

According to a media release, the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey has been named a “Best in the Northeast” college by the Princeton Review, a nationally recognized education services company. Stockton is one of 218 Northeast institutions profiled on the Princeton Review’s Web site and in its 2011 college guidebook.

The Princeton Review profiles a total of 623 schools from the Northeast, the Southeast, the Midwest and the West in their Web feature, “2011 Best Colleges: Region by Region.” The 623 regional best colleges constitute 25 percent of the nation’s 2,500 four-year colleges. Stockton is also profiled in the Princeton Review’s book, The Best Northeastern Colleges: 2011 Edition.

“From hundreds of institutions we reviewed in each region, we selected these colleges and universities primarily for their excellent academic programs,” says Robert Franek, senior vice president and publisher of the Princeton Review, in the release. “We also took into account what students attending these schools reported to us about their campus experiences on our [80-question] student survey for this project.”

Student surveys revealed that Stockton stands out with exceptional computer facilities, its interaction with the local community, its feeling of having a safe campus environment and its student publications.

The 218 higher education institutions selected as “Best in the Northeast” colleges are located in the following 11 states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont, and the District of Columbia.

Tags: ,